Conflicting Essays in scholarship which have been the most engaging research job I have ever done. I have also added, over the years, queries about our "dated" geology with their "computerized" confirmations together with climate changes denied since 1963. The Ten-O'clock News have been telling us to change our clocks for DSL and back again BUT no one as noticed it has been changed, more than a few years ago, from March 31 and October 31, to a week or so earlier or even a week or so later.

Friday, May 3, 2019

A Battle for the Eyes: Glaucoma vs Cataracts

  How many people have Glaucoma or Cataracts  

I went t a gathering of friends a while back and heardthat Cataracts go for long time befre they can be seen in the eyes. The person who told me that was  ovr 65.

I immediately decided it was a great push to sell an eye operation, even though such medical procedures provide glowing reports of sight inprovement many of those who had got the medcial advice and have been given eye exams never had cataracts to begin wih. There  are many who never had cataracts before (or those having been cured from the threat of cataracts even after having had such procedures.

in 96, I turned 66 yo.  I was surprised when my most trusted optomitrist  told me I now had Social Security and they wouid pay for Lasik surgery  on my eye. Why I asked?  Well, you do have a cataract in one eye.

I am now 87 and never had any sugery for cataracts. I can still count leaves on high tree branches and wires strung acoss the sky on poles that carry electricity. But when I goi toi get an eye exam, hoping I can get a pair to read wih, I get a great variety oif excuses; ending always being told I have cataracts,

Sometimes, I( am treated lke a fooil,.The examninber will ssay "Oh, I have to call  a girl who will hold your eyelds up because the are drooping so, I cannot see the eye properly after shooting the eye with air with the machine for glaucoma,                                              
                        The oher excuse is that cataracts may take many years to grow.
Then why haven't I gone blind yet?
'
Bow about all those success stories?   Did those people have cataracts? Or did they believe they might have them?

No comments: